Monday, May 27, 2019

To infinity and beyond...

After the disaster that was Sri Lanka (and me being very lucky to escape the bombings) I decided a safer long weekend would most likely be one in Sicily. I had heard a lot of good things about it so I was keen to visit.

The food is really amazing; people are friendly and you'd be tempted to indulge and live life to the fullest. I think I need to come back. I do believe the South of Italy and maybe the South of France have a lot in common, and for some reason I think maybe settling down there would be nice....


This picture was taken at the pool of the hotel I stayed in. I had thought about the name for the blog entry and for various reasons the word "Infinity" popped up in my mind. Well, I guess this wasn't infinity really, but maybe dreams are there to fill the void....

The other image I thought was worthwhile posting here was taken at a Sicilian wedding. I thought the young man was crying a bit too much for the occasion but hey, maybe he had all the right reasons to be sad. Who knows...


I did like the angle of view, the colours and the fact that his mother didn't seem to be bothered at all by her son's lack of happiness. Too busy texting her friends, I guess.